I love spicy foods so this is going to be more of an adult version and it will be spicy, because spice is nice. Don’t worry your kids will love spicy as much as you do. Just start them at an early age. Spicy food is very addictive and good for you too. Those peppers are packed with vitamin c and other essential nutrients. Since you are making this from scratch your kids will not have to eat any nasty chemicals or preservatives from those mac n cheese boxes.
This is going to be a big batch on purpose, because I’m going to show you how to make spicy mac n cheese balls with the leftovers. If you want to make less just reduce the ingredients.
This is a perfect side dish for a potluck or family reunion.
- The sauce starts with a rue. Weigh out 4 oz butter and 4 oz of flour. Cook them together 4-5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add half gallon of heavy cream. Stir frequently.
- Once the cream is getting hot add 1 1/2 pounds of shredded parmesan.
- Add 2 grilled onions.
- Add 1 bunch of cilantro and 1 cup of jalapenos diced. I’m using my ninja to dice them today to save time.
- Add 1 cup of franks buffalo sauce.
- Stir cheese sauce until smooth and hot. If it is too thick just add a little water to get the right consistency.
- Boil a bunch of pasta and strain. Not sure exactly how much. I’m guessing like 9 cups of dry pasta. I used three bags of that Costco organic pasta. It comes with 6 bags three different pastas.
- Pour over the cooked mac n cheese noodles. Stir together and serve.