This sweet smoky BBQ sauce is a real winner. This is one of those sauces that practically everyone loves. This is a perfect sauce to top of your rib tips, country style ribs, baby back ribs, St. Louis style or beef short ribs. It is perfect for chicken, hamburgers, brats, steaks or as you will see in an upcoming recipe mashed potato bowls.
It is a great topping for pulled pork, beef brisket or jerk chicken sandwiches.
I’m cooking for an army, so this recipe is probably gonna be a little bigger than you would like. Little kids really love this sauce. Just reduce the amounts and cook it to taste or just go all in and give some away to friends and family.
- 2 cans of hunts ketchup.
- 2 bottles of the Costco real maple syrup.
- 1 cup hickory flavored liquid smoke.
- 2 tablespoons of coarse black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt.
- 24 cups of brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup granulated onion powder.
- 1.4 cup granulated garlic powder.
Stir over low heat until smooth, dissolving all the sugar.