Okay slap that canned creamed corn thought right out of your head. This is a from scratch recipe and it will not even resemble it’s dirty cousin (the canned cream corn). Slowly back away from the can opener.
This is such a popular side dish everyone will want seconds and thirds. That is why we are making such a big batch. 20 plus portions. This is a perfect side dish for almost any occasion.
Be a hit at your next potluck, birthday party, company party, super bowl party, BBQ or family reunion. Bring a bunch of our home made bacon creamed corn.
In a large crock pot add the following ingredients and heat on high to 165 degrees minimum. Then hold on warm and serve.
- Wash 5 lbs white corn and 5 lbs of yellow corn under hot water to thaw. White corn is super important, because it has the best texture and flavor. The yellow corn is to add color.
- Grill 2 large onions.
- Dice 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Season with sea salt and coarse black pepper to taste. Do not use fine black pepper. It will not be the same.
- Dice and cook 1-2 packages of bacon. I like to use bacon ends. They are cheaper and have meatier chunks. Add cooked bacon and grease. Only half the grease if you went with two packages of bacon.
- Add about two cups of cream.
- Enjoy this heavenly side dish.