These are going to be a fairly low calorie taco salad. Most people think they are eating low calories when they have a salad, but they forget how many calories are in salad dressings. We are going to top this with our home made pineapple salsa instead of salad dressing. Veggies are pretty low calorie and you get all of those nutrients to keep you healthy. Oh plus it tastes amazing.
- Chop on whole white or yellow onion.
- Brown onion with 2.5 pounds of ground hamburger.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of onion powder, cumin and chili powder.
- Add one whole chopped bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Pour a liberal amount of Frank’s buffalo sauce into the ground beef and mix thoroughly.
Start with a bed of crispy lettuce. Romaine is a great choice or maybe some kale if you want to go super healthy. Add your taco meat, lettuce and cheese. Top it with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream and the salsa from our home made pineapple salsa recipe.