My kids just love tacos. This is going to be a soft flour taco recipe, but can easily be a hard shell taco recipe. It is always healthier to make it from scratch so you know exactly what’s in it. We can all do with a lot fewer chemicals and preservatives in our diets. Which is why I like to stay away from those seasoning packets. Single spices rarely have added chemicals.
- Chop on whole white or yellow onion.
- Brown onion with 2.5 pounds of ground hamburger.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of onion powder, cumin and chili powder.
- Add one whole chopped bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Pour a liberal amount of Frank’s buffalo sauce into the ground beef and mix thoroughly.
I like to brown the tortillas on both side slightly to warm them up and make them softer. Add your taco meat, lettuce and cheese. Top it with sour cream and the salsa from our home made pineapple salsa recipe. I bet you can’t eat just one!